Total Pageviews

Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Love





I am looking forward to a beautiful weekend.  Rain is in the forecast. I love rain, it makes me so happy. Gray skies, wind, droplets pelting the roof. I have a pretty mantle, all fall-ish with little white lights that will be a welcome warmth from the rain outside. I hung a pine cone wreath that my dad gave me the other day. I remember when my mother made it and I  looked forward to her bringing it down from the attic with the other holiday decorations. She always hung it at Thanksgiving/Christmas. I am just over the moon about having it now. I love having things she made around my home. 

That extraordinary moth was found by my son. Isn't it magnificent? He was at least 6 inches wide. He was not living when he found him. I think he was hit with a pesticide. 

Come rain! I have lots of stitching to do, and what better way to spend a rainy weekend!

I hope you're having a great Friday. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Leslie, that wreath is gorgeous! The moth looks like a cecropia.
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We looked up the moth in our book, but I can't remember now. Cecropia sounds good to me!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much! That's funny that Target is selling the pine cone wreaths! My mom made the one in my post probably 30 years ago.

    ReplyDelete