Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fun days/Sun Days



 Can you see all the turtles on the branch in the picture above?  So darn cute. I think there's 8.

Slow and easy days.  I've been enjoying my early mornings of unrushed cups of coffee and no where I have to be.  What a lovely time I'm having.  And though we are entering days of over 90 degrees, I am feeling so cool and wintry with my fun Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow stitching project.  I am close to being through with June's block.  I am glad to get ahead a bit, because I've ordered a book that has a table top quilt runner that I fell in love with.  I can't wait to get the book and buy the fabric.  It's going to be a fall runner, you can see it here in my Pinterest collection.  Don't you love Pinterest?  I have gotten so many wonderful ideas. I wish I had a "go do it" spirit!  I find I do a lot of looking and not much doing!

My Gardenia bush is in full bloom. It smells heavenly on my back deck.  We have had so much rain, and this and that have interfered with our yard work.  Right now a pretty garden is being hidden by 6-7 inch grass.  We should dry out nicely and get it done tomorrow. 

 I think I might be having some kind of diverticulosis right now.  I'm kind of in a dilemma because my doctor of 25 years suddenly up and left (seriously, over night) and then his partner also left last month!  Now here I am needing to see a doctor and the closest appointment I can get with someone new is TWO MONTHS away! Can you believe that? The one I called will not see you before they give you a physical.  I think that's awful.  They should not be able to dictate that I have a physical! I will have to use Urgent Care facilities if I think I'm not getting better.  Oh goodness, sorry!  I should not be boring you with all this!

I hope you are having lovely Spring days and aren't roasting too much in the hot temps that seem to be gripping the nation.  Thanks so much for stopping by! 

10 comments:

  1. First, I hope that you feel better. Stomach problems are the worst!
    Those turtles are too cute. It sounds like you are enjoying spring. We've had so many grey days here in Baltimore that we are begging for a full day of sunshine. : ) Soon. Your cross stitch is great.. I love working on "off season" projects.. I am planning on working on my christmas cards soon, I have them all planned out and I want to use sand from our favorite beach to embellish them. Then at christmas time, they will remind me of our favorite summer place.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture with all of the turtles was so cute. I hope you are feeling better soon, and don't have to go to the doctor. Sorry to hear about the doctors and their requirements. Seems like when it comes to doctors, they are the ones calling all of the shots....so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie girl I am so sorry about the doctor situation ! That is a terrible position to be put in, especially since you are not well right now and need to see a doctor!
    I had a bad night last night myself, acid reflux all night ugh ! so I understand you must feel badly and need help now!
    Love that winter scene you are stitching ! .. and the Autumn runner is so pretty .. Autumn is my favorite time of year.
    I chuckled when I saw Judge Judy .. husband watches her too ;-)
    Those turtles are so cute ! .. there must be frogs in that area too ? .. I love frog song : )
    Yes .. we have to run and do garden chores in between the rain days .. yesterday was a long day for me with so much to do .. now today showers are supposed to happen. I can take a rest ? haha
    I wish I could smell the gardenia .. it must be heavenly is right ! ahhhh !
    I hope you feel a little better and do go to urgent care though if you are not better, you need to see a doctor !
    Take care !
    Joy : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie...

    Just stopping by to let you know that I've nominated your for the Liebster Blog Award. Yeah...stop by my blog TheBigGiantFoodBasket to pick up and read about your award. Have a great day!!!
    XO Barbara

    WWW.biggiabtfoodbasket.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why you need a public health service in the U.S., like we have in Canada and England. No worries or problems seeing a doctor. I don't understand why you need a physical from the new doc. Where did your records go from your former physician?

    Lovely photos as always Leslie. We've had a very cold Spring in England, but Summer is just around the corner. My geraniums are blooming like gangbusters outside. I'm on the hunt for some more plants to put in too.

    Take care of you,

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Ali, it's the most frustrating thing here in the US! And the doctor's are now charging $200.00 just for a visit. That doesn't include anything other than walking in! My records are still at the office of my former doctor. I will have to have them sent somewhere, but where???? In the mean time, I'm medicating myself and reading Web M.D. Shameful!

      Delete
  6. So glad you pointed out the turtles as I may have missed them and they are too cute to miss.
    I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your late spring (almost summer). So sorry to hear about your health/doctor situation. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.
    I was out working in my garden this morning until the heat and humidity about did me in. I think cross stitching a winter project sounds like just the remedy I need. Your latest project is looking so good. Is that a little light you have clipped to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you saw the turtles! They are always parked on that branch, sunning themselves! The humidity has kept me in, too. And yes, that is a little clip-on light attached to my needlework. It is a lifesaver! As I get older, I need all the help I can get. When you put in fresh batteries you almost need sunglasses:) I got it at Barnes and Noble (actually it was a Christmas gift a few years ago from dh). Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      ReplyDelete

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by and giving me tips on rooting hydrangeas! I just love them. Your blog is so pretty and I love all your flowers, turtles and needlework! We have a turtle that frequents our yard...we call him Mr. T. How fun to watch all those on the branches with the ducks! Thanks for sharing!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete