Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Glorious Spring!

Beautiful days! The trees are so green. The air is still a little pollen-y, but not near as bad as a few weeks ago.  I've got plants to move, soil to work,  garden shopping to do, ah life in the garden! What could be better?  Our days have been cool, which has made the flowers last. How nice!

 I'm always so envious of people who say they spent all day in the garden. I spend a lot of time, but it's not all at once.  I just can't seem to do that.  I'll go out and dig for a little while, or plant a plant, then come in and rest for a minute or two, cool down.  But then I'm back at it.  I was thinking yesterday about how much I got done even though I was in and out so much.  Not as much as the all-dayers, but I was happy with my progress. I'm about half done prepping  the water feature area.  Can't wait to start planting!

I'm participating in Mosaic Monday at the Little Red House, and Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer. Come join the fun!

I hope you've had a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I love your little chair with the birdhouse. I just put a little child's school chair in my garden with some birdhouses on it.

    I don't know what the middle lavender flowers are, but they don't even look real. Flowers amaze me in their design and intricacies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your visit! The lavender flowers are a Clematis vine. I do not know the name, and if you have more sun you get more flowers, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that purple clematis - stunning blooms.

    Working away, little by little, gets a lot done. Your garden is beautiful already and will be even more so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Iris and Clematis are gorgeous! It is so cute the way you have the little chair decorated with the birdhouse and plant. Your flowers are so far ahead of mine. I'm in Missouri. My iris and clematis are still buds. My spring hyacinths are fading and so are the tulips. Dogwoods are in full bloom. Our weather has been so wacky, I haven't even been able to plant my zinnia seeds or morning glory seeds. You have accomplished a beautiful garden. I can only do a little at a time. My knee always quits on me before I am done doing whatever I have in my mind to do in a day. We're expecting a couple of warmer, non-rainy days this week. My knee is going to have to cooperate so I can get those zinnia seeds planted.

    ReplyDelete