Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 27, 2012

CHRISTMAS TABLESCAPE




Hi everyone. I hope your Christmas was wonderful.  Hard to believe it's all over! I thought I would share my Christmas Eve table. It was very simple, just a pretty blue snowflake tablecloth from Kohl's with a few of my snowmen.  Snowy white napkins and Mom's Rose Point silver. Snowflake glasses are from Kroger a few years ago.  We changed it up this year and had ham instead of spaghetti.  The ham is covered with dijon mustard. Next you make a mixture of brown sugar, honey and cinnamon which is slightly warmed until of pouring consistency. You pour it over the ham, then you pour 1 and 1/2 cups of apple juice over it all.  Bake at 325 degrees for 3 hours, basting every 30 minutes.  Yum.  This ham is wonderful, but the next time I make it I'm going to have a turkey baster! It's hard to baste with a spoon.

I have a few more days off before I have to return to work.  I keep trying to talk myself into taking down my decorations, but I have enjoyed them all so much this year that I'm just not ready yet.  Last year I left my wreath on the front porch up until birds built a nest in it! That was such fun!

I'm participating in BNOTP's Tablescape Thursday.  Drop by and look at all the gorgeous Christmas tables that were set this year.  You'll get lots of inspiration for next year! Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Leslie! I think this is my first visit to your blog, although your quilts on the side there look vaguely familiar...and PRETTY!!! I have no talent in the needle-and-thread arena, but I admire those who do! It sounds as if your Christmas Eve ham was an absolute hit. Hooray! I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. You set a really nice table, too, that I'm sure everyone appreciated. You got those glasses from Kroger??!?! They're really cool! It's great how they work so well with the tablecloth you chose! I know what you mean about not being ready just yet to take down all the pretty, twinkly, sparkly, shiny Christmas stuff. I am dragging my feet on it, too. It's always so nice to walk through the house at night with all the lights brightly shining. But it's time. We must. We just have to be strong and do it! :-) I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alycia! I think you may have visited a time before, welcome back! Yes, aren't those fabulous glasses from Kroger?! I only have one extra, I sure hope no one breaks one! I've decided to take all the decorations down on New Years Day. That will give me just a little longer to enjoy them. I've heard of a hotel that leaves their tree up but changes out the ornaments with red hearts for Valentine's Day. Kind of a cool idea, but I think it would work better on a small tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I enjoy table scaping even when It's just me eating. It seems Christmas was a blur. Usually I take the decorations down on January 1st but feel like tackling it earlier for some reason this year.

    Enjoy your New Year celebration!

    ReplyDelete