Total Pageviews

Monday, July 30, 2012

GARDEN GROWTH

Happy Monday! Are you enjoying the Olympics? I LOVE them and enjoy watching almost all of the sports. I especially have loved the men and women's volleyball.  I'm looking forward to the diving, especially the synchronized diving.  

I thought I would do a little "time lapsed photography" today and show the garden from the same spot (when  I could find a picture taken from the same spot) throughout the spring/summer.  The first picture is from February. 

Here's March...
In March we planted grass seed and edged the gardens. 
April
The Bearded Iris were pretty in April, but I need to update my collection. The ones I have are over 20 years old. There are so much prettier ones out there now.
 Late April the pretty blue Salvia blooms.  I think it's called Blue Moon.
 May

 The impatience are starting to decline :(


 June
I've replaced the impatience with my begonias that were in pots.
 I don't know about that tall lilly. The flower is so pretty, but I really don't need something that tall! I wish it was about the size of the Stargazer lilly.
July


July has been a bit of a disappointment.  After losing all of the impatience, I'm not at all happy with the begonias that I replaced them with.  They are not producing the flowers that they usually do when I have them in pots.  But I must say, the caladiums are all you could ask for!  A real bright spot in the garden, and they do well in the heat and drought.  

I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't grow impatience! Every time I look at the garden now I think about how much color there would be if they were still in the garden.  I have not talked to anyone that has had the same problems with their impatience that I had.  I'm wondering if the watering for the new grass seed we planted in the early spring  was too much for them.  

I hope you are having a wonderful Monday.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment