Total Pageviews

Monday, July 2, 2012

Finally! Glad To Be Back

I've been on a two month hiatus, but not of my choosing. My laptop died and it's been in the shop
f-o-r-e-v-e-r. I am so happy to be back and browsing blogland again.  I have realized an important fact, though...I was spending much too much time online.  I will have to limit myself to make sure I am productive around the home.  Not that I've been particularly productive these last few months, but at least it can't be blamed on the computer:)

Here are some pictures of my garden in the late Spring.  It had some beautiful moments.
I've always planted impatience for summer color, and they have always done beautifully. Here is mid May...

The impatience were getting some nice size on them.  Unfortunately, ALL of my impatience got a disease and died.  The one in the above picture, center left, is beginning to show signs of stress.  You can see the number of blooms is greatly diminished.  I had already pulled out some by this point.  I ended up putting the begonias that I had around in pots into the empty spaces.  The Impatience disease does not infect other plants, thank goodness!  Here is the garden today:




I also put in some petunias, I'm always surprised how well they do in the shade.  I've not had luck previously with keeping them alive into August, but I'm being very faithful in my watering this year so maybe that will help.  It has been incredibly hot - 105 degrees, but nothing seems too stressed in the garden.  I've watered twice a day sometimes.

I think the caladiums are wonderful.  They brighten the garden, and I love the pink veins that add a great pop of color with the white.  I bought 3 plants, and these two grew beautifully, but for some reason the 3rd plant didn't grow.  I've dug it up and am trying to give it some sun to see if it was in a bad spot.  Hopefully it will start growing soon.

I'm so glad to be back and can't wait to get around to see your latest posts. Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. oh that is a beautiful garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is lovely! It's like the one in head and not the one in my yard! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your pretty garden! Once the temps hit in the 90's my petunias start to fizzle also.
    Thanks for stopping by. The forecast for the next week is a bit better than the last week,but not by much.
    Have a Happy, Fun, Safe 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful garden!

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful garden and I like my garden to be like that! ^_^

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly enjoyed the cyber tour of your garden. It is lovely and has so many blooms and so colorful.
    Happy 4th of July!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also just returned to blogland after having a baby. It feels good to be back! You have a lovely yard! If you get a chance, stop by my blog and "Like" Hood Photography on Facebook! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is very inviting. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete