Total Pageviews

Monday, March 26, 2012

WHAT'S BLOOMING


I have a few things blooming in the garden today.  
I was very excited to see this Clematis blooming:


Only one bloom today, but more to come.  

I have been trying for years to remember to either move this Columbine next to the Clematis, or at least try to start a few plants from seed.  Their colors are almost exactly the same.  They would look so good together, and it's so great that they bloom at the same time.  I'm terrible at moving plants, so hopefully I can remember to plant some seeds.
 The one bloom looks kind of lonely!  Do you see the grass in the urn?  I haven't been able to find what I want for the urn yet, and it just so happened that the little planter of grass fit the urn's opening perfectly.  I gave it a hair cut and dropped it in.  I think it looks kind of nice, and will fill in nicely while 
I try to find what I want.

 Purple Oxalis is an early bloomer, it's little pink blooms are so dainty.  I can't get a good picture, it's much prettier in person.  Sometimes, with the light just right, it looks deep purple with the pink.  Really lovely.
 Salvia, May Night has it's first blooms.  This is a great performer in my garden, even with as little sun as I get.  It will get a lot larger and bloom for a long time.  
Then periodically it will throw a bloom throughout the summer.
 A pretty little pink Columbine.  I love Columbine leaves, they stay nice all summer. 
 It will bloom for a long time, too.
 This is the first Iris I ever had. It was given to me by a little old lady that lived on my street about 21 years ago!  I have many, many offshoots from it.  It smell heavenly!

Slowly, but surely, the garden is awakening!  The garden centers are getting their usual early Spring plants, but I'm waiting for the late Spring/early Summer - like Caladiums.  I really want to get the beautiful white Caladiums with the pink veins.  I'm so afraid they will come in and I'll miss them.  They go fast, and the stores don't typically get that many of them.  I build for my garden to be at it's best in June and July - when I'm off work. I like to also plant for April, when I'm off a week, but  I did not plant tulips last fall because the deer feast on them; but, next year I will plant a bunch because I have found that Liquid Fence works wonderfully!  I've already informed my family that for my birthday in October I would like pastel tulips!  

Happy gardening!  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you're having a nice Monday.



17 comments:

  1. You have a lot of pretty blooms! I have clematis at the lake and it blooms at the end of the summer. I wanted to mix in an early variety so I had something blooming all summer long...just haven't done it yet. We still have a good six weeks of chances for frost so things are at a standstill here.

    I love the little pot of grass. I have seen some blogs where they use them as a centerpiece with Easter eggs in it!

    Hope you have a lovely week, Leslie!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks so good and you seem to be about a week or so ahead of us. Clematis blooming? Wow, I'd better go check on mine to see it they're blooming.I have the May Night Salvia, too and it's almost blooming. Love that iris. Isn't it nice when plants have special meaning because someone gave you a start or cutting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie! Your Spring garden certainly has awakened! Such clor already!
    Happy gardening!Yes Vit. C does help us with our Arthritis pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is lovely! The Columbine is gorgeous and one of my favorite plants! My Clematis just popped today! Thank you for stopping by my blog, so I could find yours! I'm now following! I love gardening too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok,you come over to my home and help me garden and I will tote you sweet tea and Krispy Creme doughnuts all day. :) LOVE your garden. Such inspiration. I love your urn of grass. Thanks so much for sharing on my Wild About Mother Nature Party. Blessings, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden of bloomers is just gorgeous! Love all those beautiful flowers! Love the Clematis...mine has blooms but hasn't bloomed yet! Enjoyed my visit!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that columbine! Great Color! Thanks for the tour. I can really seeing your garden is alive with color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful. I love the thought of the purple columbine and the purple clematis together. And I really like your cut grass in the urn! Smart thinking to plan your garden around the time you'll be able to enjoy it more. I plan mine mostly for summer, as our summers are so long here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our clematis is just waking up...no blooms yet here in N. Va. We had a freeze last night! Hoping the fruit trees in our area are ok! Love your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your garden is looking beautiful with all the flowers and blooms. I love the clematis, I have the same kind planted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so many beautiful flowers. I love the big showy clematis.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow your flowers are blooming really well. Great one!

    Outdoor Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magical Spring ~ not here yet in MA coast ~ lovely and divine photos of 'nature at her best' ~thanks, namaste, ^_^ linked w/ Outdoor Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your garden is beautiful!! Love your purple Columbine - So gorgeous. Wish I could grow all the same plants you do here in San Antonio, TX:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing all your pretty Spring flowers. I also looked for caladiums last weekend, but HD nor Lowe's had any - yet.
    Thanks for stopping by and nice comment.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The garden looks so promising . what a treasure it will be when it's in full bloom. As a florist, I wish clematis was available as a long lasting cut flower.

    ReplyDelete