Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

On The Menu Monday


I'm am joining the On The Menu Monday group over at Stone Gable.  If you've never visited this blog, treat yourself today and jump right over there.  

I'm going to give this "menu planning" a try.  I used to be an avid menu planner when my children were young, but not so much now. Every week I would like to try a new recipe.  I've never experimented much in the kitchen but have been seeing some wonderful looking recipes around.  My first try will be Saturday with a salad from Stone Gable's site. 

Monday - TACOS    
I'm not much for cooking from scratch, so I use the El Paso taco boxed dinner.  I have found that adding an extra packet of seasoning when cooking 2 pounds of ground chuck makes the tacos much more delicious.


 Fresh Tomatoes, but unfortunately, no homegrown yet.



 I also like to use a really good, strong cheddar.  This is one of the best, and I use it in most of my recipes that call for cheese.



Please excuse the blurry picture, not much of a photographer either :) .  I like to eat my tacos on Tostado shells, they seem lighter and a lot crispier to me.  

TUESDAY:  Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Chips

WEDNESDAY:  Limeade Chicken (from Southern Living many years ago) - A favorite around here, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans .

    LIMEADE CHICKEN:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    half of a large can of limeade
    1/2 Cup of Worchestershire
     1/2Tsp. of Garlic Salt
Combine limeade concentrate, Worchestershire and garlic salt in a bowl  (reserve about 1/2 cup).

Marinade chicken for at least a couple of hours.  

Grill.  My DH is the griller so I'm not sure how long to grill. 
Use the reserved limeade liquid as a dipping sauce.

THURSDAY:  Dinner with Dad.  Sometimes I cook, sometimes we go out - his choice.  Not sure which we'll be doing this week. 

FRIDAY: Out to dinner

SATURDAY:Lemon Pepper Grilled Salmon, Stone Gable's Arugula Salad,  Pinto Beans

SUNDAY:  Hamburgers on the grill, baked beans, chips


                            




2 comments:

  1. Leslie, Thank you for your kind comments! How very sweet.
    Your menu looks delicious. I love the limeaid chicken. I must try that. Look for it on my menu week of July 13th! I'll link back to this post. YUMMY!
    Thank you for participating in ON THE MENU MONDAY and bringing your whole week of menus!!!! Hope to see you next week.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That limeaid chicken sounds delicious, will try that. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July

    ReplyDelete